Make your own free website on

FORSCOM Regulation 500-3-3

Annex C: Personnel Mobilization Guide to RC Unit Commanderís Handbook




a. Commanders should keep unit members and family members informed of the unit role

in support of peacetime military operations and mobilization. Briefings will be given at least

annually, during welcome briefings to new unit personnel, and when significant changes occur.

Additionally, the briefing will be given during the alert or home station phase and include any

operational unique personnel guidance (e.g. , requirements to be able to complete a tour, guidance

on non-deployables, additional medical requirements, etc.) The briefing will also be given to any

unit member(s) being ordered to active duty voluntarily for a period of 30 days or more in support

of an active army mission. As a minimum, the information contained in this guide should be

included in the briefing.


b. This guide assists members of the Reserve Components and their family members to

understand the soldier's military obligation when transitioned to active duty and to arrange their

personal affairs in the event of Federal mobilization. Additionally, it provides information on

basic rules and policies that affect the soldier and his or her family while the soldier is deployed,

during redeployment and demobilization ,and after release from active duty.


c. To provide unit members the opportunity to begin planning their personal affairs, unit

commanders will provide each unit member a copy of Sections II and III of this annex and DD

Form 1543, Annual Legal Checkup. Soldiers will be required to provide an address for family

members to the family assistance center at the MS.


d. Spaces are left in the guide for the member to record personal notes, instructions

provided by the unit commander, and other information.


Notification and Alert




a. INVOLUNTARY CALL. Our unit has an alert notification system. You will normally

be alerted by telephone by an alert group leader. If you cannot be reached by telephone, we will

make every effort to locate you. If you hear in the news media of a major mobilization of Reserve

Components, but you have not been called, you should contact our unit as soon as possible to find

out if we have been alerted. It is essential that you keep the unit informed of your current home

and job address and telephone!


b. VOLUNTARY CALL. Many peacetime operations depend on reserve component

augmentation. This support is accomplished through the solicitation of volunteers. Normally the

peacetime chain of command will provide specific guidance on the need for volunteers, to include

grade, MOS, length of tour and missions essential data. Your specific release as a volunteer will

be dependent on the readiness impact on the unit. The alert roster may be used to contact you

with volunteer information.



notify your employer as soon as possible about the notification of alert, projected or known

mobilization or active duty date, and length of the call up. In many contingency operations, or

stability and support operations , your reserve command and/or the National Committee for

Employer Support to the Guard and Reserve may want to get your employerís address to write a

letter thanking them for their support and providing additional information, as necessary.


C-2-B. IF YOU ARE SELF- EMPLOYED. Self employment does not justify any special alert

period or delay in call-up. If you are self- employed or involved in a small business as a partner,

you need to plan effectively for how you want the business to function in your absence.



a. As a member of the Reserve Components, you can be mobilized in case of war,

national emergency, in support of contingency operations, or in support of a Peacetime (Stability

And Support Operations) mission . (Examples of recent call-ups are operations in Bosnia, Haiti,

and support of Hurricane Andrew). Although every unit has a predesignated wartime mission,

you must be prepared for a call to support other operations either voluntarily or involuntarily.


b. Every unit is different. Some units will be mobilized and enter active duty a day or two

after being alerted. Other units may be alerted but not actually enter active duty for several

weeks. Some operations with a rotational requirement (like JOINT ENDEAVOR/GUARD for

Bosnia) allow even longer alert windows to maximize training and readiness improvements.


c. Individual readiness means being prepared to go to our nation's defense in the shortest

time practicable. It means planning ahead to take care of personal affairs now, so that problems

do not become unnecessary crises during the constrained time of a rapid mobilization. If you are

volunteering for active duty, it is even more incumbent on you to have your affairs in order.



A lot will happen. How much will depend on the length of our alert period. You will have many

personal affairs to get in order before you enter active duty. Section III lists many of them.

Additional training assemblies may be possible after the alert notification. Remember that the

alert is simply a warning to emplace final personal planning actions. Implementation of these

plans should not take place until you receive a mobilization order. The following questions have

been asked in almost every operation.



You should not leave your job during the alert period. The alert is a warning that active duty is

pending. You should notify your employer that you have been alerted and call-up may be

imminent. You will normally have 72 hours to report to active duty after receipt of execute

orders (these will normally be individual mobilization orders). You should provide your employer

with a copy of your mobilization orders and coordinate a specific time to leave your job.



You should not cancel a lease or rent agreement during alert, but simply coordinate actions to

cancel on receipt of mobilization execution orders. You need to be sure you are aware of the

projected length of time of the call to active duty (For this operation we are being ordered to

active duty for _______ days) to ensure there is a need to cancel any lease or rental agreement.

Additionally, your mobilization orders should specify the authority to move and store household

goods. Finally, if the original call-up is only for a short period, you may want to leave a limited

power of attorney with a family member or other trusted agent, authorizing them to cancel leases

or store household equipment if your orders are amended or a higher level of mobilization (with a

longer tour period) is implemented.



As with your job, you should only quit school on receipt of execution (mobilization) orders. If

you have received an alert, you should not register for any school courses.




Current plans indicate that you will enter active duty and remain for only a few days at your unit

armory or reserve center before departing for the mobilization station (MS). During those few

days, there will be intensive personnel processing, equipment packing and loading, and processing

your family members to ensure they receive appropriate active duty benefits. The unit will

provide billeting, mess, and medical services for you while you are on active duty at home station

(HS). Remember, during this phase you are now on active duty, and subject to all active army

regulations and policies.



Current plans have us moving from home station directly to .



a. Deploying Units:

They will spend approximately week(s) at the mobilization station for intensive training,

assignment of additional personnel and equipment to fill their shortages, and final preparations for

deployment. Training will be long and hard. There may be no free time, and except for

emergencies, very few leaves or passes will be authorized.

b. Non-Deploying Units:

They will be assigned mission(s) to support and assist Fort in their efforts to receive,

house, train and deploy reserve component units and individuals.



NO, Speedy mobilization precludes it. Housing and family member services at mobilization

stations and in the surrounding community will not be available and the time you are there may be

very short. For this reason, the movement of family members and the shipment of household

goods to your mobilization station are not authorized. Short duration operations such as Haiti

and JOINT ENDEAVOR/GUARD, executed with a PSRC and using temporary change of

station, recognize that AC soldiers will be returning in less than a year and their families are

authorized to remain in quarters. Once the military situation has stabilized for operations under

Partial or Full mobilization involving permanent change of station, it is anticipated that family

members of soldiers in CONUS sustaining units will be authorized to join them at their permanent

CONUS duty station.



You will normally be at a port of embarkation (air or sea) only long enough for loading and




NO, unless otherwise specified for non-deploying units. You will not be allowed to take your

automobile or large items such as televisions and stereos, although a few small personal items like

portable radios and cameras will be allowed, within reason. Normally, guidance from the theater

will even dictate the military and civilian clothing authorized in the theater. For this operation the

following clothing is authorized:





Finally, it must be stressed that you cannot take personal weapons with you.




Key is that you, the soldier, are responsible for actions that will ensure your family is cared for. It

is important that you identify all your family members and implement pre-enrollment in DEERS.

Additionally, you must ensure that your spouse, other family members and anyone with

guardianship responsibilities receive a copy of your orders.

(1). We will have a special meeting for you and your family members to discuss the

benefits they will be entitled to while you are on active duty, to initiate the necessary paperwork

to obtain their identification cards, to explain how they can use their benefits, and to provide them

with a point of contact where they can obtain additional information or assistance while you are


(2). If you are a single parent or married to another service member you are expected to

have a plan for the custody and care of your family members. You will be counseled by your

commander or his designated representative and the required forms and legal documents will be

filed at the unit.

(3). You and your family members will be encouraged to join the unit family support

group. This group is an officially sanctioned organization of officer and enlisted personnel and

their family members that provides information and a support network for families and soldiers

during their association with the unit, especially during periods of separation (e.g., weekend drills,

annual training and/or mobilization). During mobilization, Family Assistance Centers will be

established at various locations within each state. These centers act as the link between your

family support group and the Army. They will provide continuing advice and essential services,

such as ID cards and CHAMPUS forms for your family members after your unit has departed.

My family support group leader is . Her/his telephone number is . The address

for the closest Family Assistance Center is . The telephone number there is .

(4). You and your family members should participate in Family Support Group activities

now. Waiting until mobilization occurs is too late. Getting family members to know one another

now will make them better prepared to offer mutual support during mobilization or other





AR 37-104-10 and Department of Defense Pay Manual establish criteria for basic allowance and

for quarters (to include VHA when orders are for 140 days or more). Orders for this call-up are

for ____ days and you (need)(do not need) to ensure you provide copies of lease agreements or

house payments to support VHA payments. Changes to field conditions could affect the

mobilized reservist the same as it affects active army soldiers, dependent on designation of

permanent duty station. You may have to request release from lease or rental agreements and

store household goods. Pickup and storage of household goods is normally authorized if orders

are for more than 90 days or indefinite periods. If authorization is not in basic order, it will

require coordination with our support installation or the mobilization station transportation

officers. Orders for this call-up (do)(do not) authorize pickup and storage of household goods.

There are, no special authorities for storage or care of POVs. You need to coordinate the storage

or care of your car with a family member or friend.



Basically, no! If you are a member of our unit on the day we receive our official alert notification,

you will be required by law to mobilize with the unit. There are some limited exceptions, but if

you have not applied for a discharge or exemption from active duty under the provisions of AR

135-133, and the reasons for requesting excusal from mobilization did not occur since your last

scheduled drill, you will go with the unit. Table 2-1 in the Reserve Component Unit

Commanderís Handbook provides details on identifying soldiers with a condition that would

make them a non-mobilization asset. If an operation has a limited strength ceiling or other

command unique requirements, Department of the Army or FORSCOM will provide detailed

guidance on identification and processing of soldiers who do not meet mobilization standards.

For this operation, in addition to guidance in Table 2-1, soldiers in the following categories are

not considered as mobilization assets:




Some specific areas that are always questioned are:



Criterion 20, Table 2-1 of the RCUCH applies. If separation or transfer actions have not been

approved, you must mobilize and report with the unit. Headquarters DA may establish other

policies if the operation is of short duration and has a limited strength ceiling and those changes

will be briefed upon execution.



Criterion 25, Table 2-1 of the RCUCH applies. If action is required or requested prior to receipt

of the alert, it will be effected prior to the unitís M-date. If effective date is after receipt of the

alert, member will enter AD with the unit, unless exemption is authorized in the alert message or

by separate guidance from DA.




a. If it appears that an attack is imminent, Reserve Component forces may be directed to

quickly mobilize. In such a case, you will be notified as quickly as possible and given instructions

on how, when, and where you and your family are to relocate.

b. If a nuclear attack on this country occurs before we can alert you to relocate, you must

consider yourself automatically ordered to Federal active duty. Your first action should be to

seek shelter for yourself and your family in accordance with your local community's civil defense

shelter plan. As soon as possible after the attack, you must make every attempt to contact your

unit, first at the unit armory or reserve center, then at the alternate assembly area, which is located

at .


Personal Records Checklist


a. Leaving your family, your home, your employment, and your property can create

enormous financial, legal, and personal complications, unless adequate records and documents are

established and safeguarded. Maintaining personal records are important to you - not only for

mobilization. They should be kept in a safe place, readily available to you, and, in your absence,

to your spouse, next of kin, or executor. It is recommended that you use this checklist to record

information or list where your documents are kept.

b. For your family members to obtain identification cards and legal benefits, you must

provide those documents indicated by an asterisk (*) to your unit upon request or on

mobilization. The documents should be located now and kept available at all times.



The records and documents listed in the remainder of this section are not all inclusive. Some have

short explanations and others are named to assist you and your dependents.

a. Your will and testament. A last will and testament is a legal declaration as to the

manner in which you would like to have your property or estate disposed of after your death.

This document can also name someone to serve as legal guardian for your minor children. You

may consult an attorney (military or civilian) during premobilization legal counseling to determine

whether you should have a will. It's important to have a will regardless of your military, financial,

or marital status. Remember, wills can usually be changed very easily. You should see your

attorney about preparing or changing your will or your spouse's will. If you die or become

disabled while in Federal service, your death or disability will most likely occur at some place

other than your legal residence. Your attorney and you should consider the effects of your State's

laws regarding matters that could cause changes, such as substitute written wills (Holographic) or

the so-called "death bed" (nuncupative) changes. Depending on your personal circumstances,

your attorney can also advise you in naming someone to carry out your will or instructions, and

someone to serve as a legal guardian for minor children.

b. Your spouse's will and testament.

c. Power of Attorney. A power of attorney is a legal instrument which gives another

person the authority to act for you in matters relating to your responsibilities and obligations.

You may consult with an attorney during premobilization legal counseling to determine if you

should have a power of attorney prepared. This power of attorney may be signed at the time of

mobilization giving someone you trust the authority to act for you in your absence in matters

relating to your responsibilities and legal obligations. Your attorney can advise you concerning

this power of attorney.

d. * Certified copies of birth certificates for your children. (Preenrollment in DEERS will

satisfy this requirement.)

e. * Adoption or legal guardianship documents. (Preenrollment in DEERS will satisfy

this requirement).

f. * Certified copies of your marriage license or certificate. (This document is required to

obtain dependent ID card.)

g. * If you have an unmarried child over 21, who is incapable of self-support because of

mental or physical incapacity that existed before age 21, the following is needed: Statement from

a licensed physician certifying medical condition which includes whether condition is temporary or

permanent. If temporary, physician should estimate the expected length of incapacity.

Documentation must be forwarded to DFAS for determination.

h. * Name and location of places where unmarried children (including adopted or

stepchildren) over 21, but under 23 years of age, are enrolled in a full-time course of instruction.

(This information will be required to obtain dependent ID cards.) If you are paying tuition for

your spouse or family members , you will want to determine what arrangements can be made for

tuition abatement or financial assistance. You must also have documentation to verify attendance

at the appropriate school/institution. School documentation is a letter from registrar or other

official stating student is enrolled full time (12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate, 9 for

graduate) and expected date of graduation.

i. * Copy of any court order giving you legal custody of any children from a previous

marriage. (This document will be required to obtain dependent ID cards.)

j. * For illegitimate children, copy of a court order naming you the natural parent of the

child, a copy of the court decision that you contribute to the child's support, or written admission

of parentage by you. (This document will be required to obtain dependent ID cards.

Preenrollment in DEERS will satisfy this requirement)

k. * A recent photograph (full face, light background, about 8" x 10" including all of the

person's head) for each family member 10 years of age or older. (These photos will be required to

obtain dependent ID cards.) Requirement for photograph is applicable only when ID card is

applied for through the mail.

l. Full legal names, places and dates of birth, and location of marriage record of your


m. Chronological list of your places of residence (including dates).

n. Names and addresses of schools you attended, with dates of attendance, and

graduation or enrollment date.

o. Proof of citizenship (e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or

Alien Registration Card).

p. Copies of divorce or annulment decrees from prior marriages (you and your present

spouse) with documents relative to alimony and child support. Decide what effects your orders to

duty would have on alimony or child support payments which may or may not have been

addressed in divorce, legal separation, annulment, child support, and property settlement decrees

and consider amending the decrees as they may pertain to your circumstances upon mobilization.

q. Certified copies of death certificates of members of your immediate family.

r. A list of social security numbers for you, your spouse, children, and other family

members. If they don't have a Social Security number, encourage them to apply.

s. A list of all credit card accounts, account numbers, and mailing addresses.

t. Copies of your Federal and State income tax records for the last five years.

u. Copies of insurance policies including life, home, auto, liability, credit life, health, and

disability with a list of effective premium dates, agents of record, and the home office address for

each insuring company. Keep your policies in one place with a cover list. Check the policies with

your insurance advisors and review them to see whether they give adequate coverage, list dates,

and provide for payments of premiums upon your mobilization. Certain commercial life insurance

policies payments may be covered under Federal law. See paragraphs 5.1 through 5.10, DA

Pamphlet 27-166 (Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act and the Uniformed Services Employment

and Reemployment Rights Act).

v. List of names, addresses, and account numbers of your saving and loan associations,

banks, trust or holding accounts, safe deposit boxes, and institutions holding certificates of

deposit on file in your name. Upon mobilization, you might consider making joint bank and

savings accounts with your spouse or parents, and you should notify the institutions where to

send statements.

w. Name and address of employers with a list of employment benefits such as dependent

health care, pension, or profit sharing plans. Upon receiving alert for mobilization, you will want

to discuss with your employer, your intention to return to work after completion of military duty.

Legal reemployment rights are described in DA Pamphlet 135-2 (Briefing on Reemployment

Rights of Members of the Army National Guard and the US Army Reserve).

x. Name and address of union or professional association (e.g.,. Bar Association) and

date of union/association membership, together with evidence of membership and status. Upon

mobilization, membership dues may be suspended or adjusted.

y. Names and addresses of fraternal or service organizations, with a list of benefits

receivable from membership. Upon mobilization, you may want to arrange suspension of

membership dues.

z. All evidence relating to home improvements or real property value enhancement.


aa. Deeds or other title documents to real estate and real property, to include mortgages,

deeds of trust, abstracts of title (and the names and addresses of the holders of such deeds and

abstracts), title insurance policies, and copies of notes payable relating to the property. It may be

wise to have at least your home (and perhaps other property) owned jointly with your spouse for

estate and tax purposes. However, you should consult with a lawyer before establishing joint

ownership of housing. Under current tax law, if you sell your home and don't acquire another

within 18 months, there may be capital gain consequences if your home is valued at more than

you paid for it. Be aware that 26 USC 1034 (h) extends this period up to 4 years, with limited

exception. Thus, it's important for you to keep all records pertaining to home improvements,

modernization, or landscaping, etc., all of which are part of your cost basis.


bb. Certificates of title, registration, warranties, and tax receipts for automobiles, boats,

recreational vehicles, and other personal property. The names of the persons entitled to your car

should be shown on your certificate of title. You should determine the disposition to be made of

your car on your mobilization. If the car is to be kept but not used for business purposes, discuss

possible premium reduction with your insurance agent. If, upon mobilization, contract purchase

payments cannot be made, see paragraph 4.3, DA Pamphlet 27-166 (Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil

Relief Act and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act).


cc. All documents relating to your financial obligations concerning the purchase or rental

of real property to include leases, rental contracts, purchase contracts, installments, sales

contracts, copies of notes payable, and copies of payment and date schedules where appropriate.

If you lease your home or business property, upon mobilization you may want to consider

canceling the lease or renegotiating it to include subletting options.


dd. Stocks, bonds (together with buy-and-sell orders); certificates of deposit; savings

account passbooks; notes receivable; and other evidence of ownership of real, intangible, personal

income-producing property should be kept together, identified, and maintained in your safe

deposit box or elsewhere as recommended by your lawyer. Coupon bonds should be exchanged

for registered bonds, if possible. These items should be matters of discussion in preparing your

will. Consider naming a custodian or trustee(s) to handle income, who will determine the

purchase or sale of assets for your account, and comply with your instructions relating to keeping

you informed of activity.


ee. All copies of bills of sale of major items of personal property not otherwise included in

paragraphs u or w, above.


ff. Business agreements to include partnership documents, agency or sales contracts,

royalties or residual agreements, and employment contracts. If you're self-employed, active files

and accounts should be well organized and someone should be named to take over on

mobilization. Include Business Care Plans for Health Care Professionals and others owning or

partners in a small business. On mobilization, you should consider notifying customers and

suppliers of any change of address to which remittance, orders, invoices, etc. will be delivered.


gg. Evidence of beneficial interest in any business or joint venture.


hh. Copies of all documents designating you as an executor or a trustee.


ii. Copies of military and other employment records.


jj. Record of your health history to include a record of past illnesses or injuries with

names and addresses of doctors and hospitals.


kk. Address of your registrar of voters. After mobilization you will want to arrange for

absentee ballots to be sent to your military address by sending the registrar an SF-76 (Application

for Absentee Ballot).


ll. Record the addresses of all taxing authorities (county assessor, IRS, State income tax,

motor vehicles, etc.). Upon mobilization you will want to ensure that all taxes are paid to date,

and notify the taxing authorities where further tax bills should be sent. Extension of time to pay

certain taxes may be granted under the Soldiersí and Sailorsí Civil Relief Act and the Uniformed

Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.


mm. List the names and addresses of all special persons (family, lawyer, business

associates, etc.) who are not listed elsewhere. Upon mobilization you may desire to mail them a

change of address notification.


nn. Record specific instructions regarding the place and manner of burial in the event of

your death. Upon mobilization, these instructions should be left with your spouse or family.


oo. List of documents and items stored in a safety deposit box. You should consult with

a lawyer about the advisability of storing important documents and small items in a safety deposit



pp. Maintain DD Form 1543, Annual Legal Checkup, to assist in getting personal legal

affairs in order.


Instructions for Obtaining Family Member Identification Cards

(To be maintained as a separate page. Units should make copies for soldiers to provide to family



C-16. General

a. The DD Form 1173 (Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card) identifies

the holder as a family member of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty. This card is

necessary to obtain the entitlements for which you are eligible.

b. You may obtain an ID card by reporting to the ID card issuing facility at any

installation of any military service or State Family Assistance Center with a verified DD Form

1172 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card).

c. If you have difficulty getting to a military facility, the following procedures apply:

(1) Mail a verified copy of the DD Form 1172 and a copy of your sponsor's

mobilization orders to:

(Mailing address of unit MS or other military facility)

(2) The issuing officer will mail a partially processed ID card to you.

(3) Complete as many items on the card as possible. Don't forget to sign it.

(4) Return the ID card to the issuing office with a 8" x 10" photograph.

(5) Your ID card will be completed and returned to you by mail.

d. While waiting for your ID card to be made, you can use a verified copy of the DD

Form 1172, along with a copy of your sponsor's mobilization orders as identification for your

family for a period of 180 days. If you do not have a verified copy of DD Form 1172, you may

use your DOD Family Member ID Card (DD Form 1173-1) with your sponsor's mobilization



Deployment/Employment Policy

As noted earlier, you are now on active duty and all personnel actions (less pay and promotions)

will be implemented following active army policies and procedures. Some of the key areas that

always create problems or are addressed as concerns during all operations include:

a. LEAVE. (Theater and Emergency). Guidance in AR 600-8-10 applies. You will

earn leave 2.5 days per month while on active duty. Leave while in theater will be determined by

the theater commander.

b. EARLY RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY. After M-date at home station

(___________ for this operation) you fall under active army regulations. Unless otherwise

directed by DA, you will be required to report to the mobilization station and process for

separation under AR 635-200 (enlisted) or AR 600-8-24 (officers).

c. MEDICAL EVACUATION. If you are medically evacuated from theater to

CONUS, both medical and personnel systems establish accountability to ensure you receive

appropriate benefits. Accountability problems can occur when released from the hospital. If

asked where your home station is and where you should report to upon release, you should

provide the name of the installation where you mobilized. Upon release, you need to report to or

coordinate with the appropriate mobilization installation (For this operation your mobilization

station is __________________) for coordination of leave, return to theater, CONUS assignment

or other personnel assignments.


Redeployment and Demobilization

a. LEAVE (Transition). Most soldiers may complete Active Duty with accrued

leave. You will have options of taking that leave or being paid for the leave. The maximum

allowable leave a soldier may sell back to the Army is 60 days cumulative. Any leave you sold to

the Army after previous active duty tours will count against the total.


b. PHYSICAL EXAM/EVALUATION. Guidance on physical examinations or

evaluations may change for each operation. Actions could range from a simple screening to a

complete examination. It is important that you participate fully in any medical processing to avoid

problems with medical issues after release from active duty.


c. EVALUATIONS and AWARDS. Most operations will require that soldiers

receive evaluations for their period of active duty. There is no problem on coordinating the

signatures for the evaluation if you stay within the same command chain. If there is a change in

command or rating schemes, it is critical to ensure that appropriate documents are signed before

you leave the theater. Although this is a rating chain responsibility, you need to be aware of who

is rating you during the active duty period and support actions to ensure that all forms are signed.

Similarly, administrative processing for awards should be completed in theater. If you believe you

are authorized an award, you should check with your chain of command prior to redeployment.


d. DD FORM 214. This is critical. Each soldier will receive a completed DD Form

214 prior to release from active duty. In the annual review of you personnel files, you should

ensure that a copy of the last DD Form 214 you were issued is on file. All soldiers must carefully

review the DD 214 prepared at the DMS before signing.


e. FINAL PAY. Under current procedures, you will remain on the reserve pay

system. If you arenít already on SURE PAY, processing will be accomplished during in-processing.

Final pay will continue to be deposited in soldier's account after his/her tour ends.

Wherever your account is, that's where you will receive final pay.


f. MEDICAL HOLD AND CONTINUED CARE. You may not be released from

active duty at the same time as others. Your release could be delayed because of medical hold. If

you are not hospitalized, you may be released from active duty before treatment is complete. If

you are released before treatment is complete, you will still be authorized medical care and may be

authorized incapacitation pay. It is critical that a line of duty determination be completed, prior to

your release, to ensure that benefits and entitlements are authorized.


g. REEMPLOYMENT. Whether you are ordered to active duty involuntarily or

voluntarily, you are protected from discharge from employment because of military obligations

under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) (39 US

Code Sections 20221-2026). The position you held prior to mobilization must be an "other than

temporary" position to obtain protection under the law. For soldiers serving under PSRC,

application for reemployment must be made within 31 days after demobilization. For those

activated under other authorities, the application period is 90 days. In all cases, you should apply

for reinstatement as soon as possible after release from active duty.



This briefing has been presented to provide you and your family with basic information on what

will happen during a call to active duty. As more detailed information is available, it will be

provided to you and your family. Information will be provided by command briefings, pamphlets

and the mailing of reserve publications, benefits packages and information letters to your family.

Again, it is critical that you provide addresses for your family and employers to the mobilization

installation to support the mailing of information packages prior to and during the period you are

on active duty.